Sales&Operations Planning – Standard SOP :
SOP is generally used to arrive the demand management with the support of the data from the sales.This blog describes a simple cycle of executing the SOP step by step.
In standard SOP we will be able to do planning at the Product group level or at the material level only.
If we need to different characteristics then we need to look use the Flexible planning. The details of the Flexible planning we will be looking in the next blog.
1. Create Material master.
* Create the materials to which we need plan using the SOP.
* In this we have to ensure that the planning strategy is properly maintained.
2. Create Product Group( MC84)
* Once the maeterials are created we need to create the product group.
* Product groups aer to be created for a plant , the members canbe materials or the product group iteself.
*In the prod group we need to maintain the aggregation factor and the proportionto be maintained correctly.
3. Create Planning (MC81)
* Once the Product group is created we can create the SOP plan in couple of differen Planning type.
* But before we get started with it, it is better to look at the Infostructure, Infstruct Planning parameters& Planning types etd.
3.1. Info structure(MC21)
* In SAP Infostrucutres are tables which can hold the data and also get updated periodically.
* For the SOP we will be using the S076 info structure, this is std sap infostruct we cannot change this.
* this info strucutre is made of characterstics and keyfigures.
* Characteristics will have some characteristics values agains which we will be storing some values for the keyfigures for some periodicity.
* Example for characteristics is Plant,Sales org,material etc.
* Example for Keyfigures are SAles qty,Production qty,Stock etc.
* whenever we create infostructure it will generate 2 table for example for s076 infostructure we can see 2 tabls S076 ans S076E.
3.2. Info structure planning parameters(MC7F)
* Once the info structure is created we will set the planning parametrs for thesame.
* In this we will be defining what type of planning that infostructure will be supporting ,Consistent or level by level planning.
* It also has many other controlling parametrs like Planning, Planniung units, Planning periodicty,System parameters etc.
* Also here we will be having the keyfigures.
3.3. Planning type ( MC8C)
* Planning type, it is layout which has our keyfigures arranged in rows and also the macros are defined here only.
* For SOP we have 3 planning types based on the planning.
for Product group -SOPKA
FOR material – SOPKAM
* Here we can also create few macros.
* Macros are one which can do some predefined function.
4. Planning for a Product Group
* Till now we have seen the set up for the SOP.
* Now we will be doing the planning.
* For the planning use t.code mc81 and enter the product group, plant .
* once the plant is entered it will giving you the version.
* we need to mention the version number all this versions will be inactive version and only AOO version will be active.
* Here once you give the version it will take you to the next screen to enter the values for the keyfigures.
* the standard keyfigures are sales, production,Tgt stock level, and Tgt days supply only here you will be enter the values.
* Now we can enter the sales figures against the sales row,columns will be mentioend as periodicity, this will be as per the periodicity that has been setup in the planning parameters for the info structures.
* now you cansynchronus the sales value to production values or else you can enter your own prodn keyfigures.
* To do synchronisation – go to edit>Create prodnplan
* Once you have entered the Plan now you can save the plan.
5. Version Management.
* when we start the planning we will be doing the planning in an inactive version XXX.
* You can create as many number of Inactive versions.
* this inactive version helps to do iterations
* Once we do finalise the inactive version from which we need to transfer the values we have to convert them into the active version as explained below
5.1 Create Planning with a xxx versions (MC78 – Copy)
* Here you need to define the source version
* then the target version
* when you do the copy version you will get a warning message you can ignore them.
6. Transfer of Demand from SOP to Demand Management.
* Once we have the values in the active version.
* Now we can transfer one key figure values to the demand management in the PIR.
6.1 MC75 – Transfer Product Group to Planning
* In this method we will be able to transfer only one product group values.
* If we need to do in mass the same is explained in the last stage of this topic.
* Now in MC75 we need to define the plant, prod group first.
* Then the Transfer strategy,PIR specs, version of PIR etc.
6.2. Error log
* now during the transfer you can do an error analysis if we had any errors.
6.3 . Display of Demand in PIR
* Once the Transfer is done you can test the same in the PIR. Md63
7. Mass processing of Demand.
* when we need to transfer value from more number of Prod group value we will be using the mass processing.
7.1 Transfer profile -MC8S
* First Create the transfer profile.
* here we have to define the strategy,table,Field name,Version etc.
* Here we h ave to define Planing type,activity etc.
* Also here we can attach the transfer profile.
7.3 Create Job MC8D
* Create a Job for the relevant planning type.
7.4 MC8G – Schedule
* Using this you can schedule the Job
7.5 MC8J – Post process
* this can be used to do the status check of the job.
with all the above you will be able to do a simple SOP.
Kindly leave your comments for clarifications and feedback.