One of the common issue that we face during the creation/ Modifcation of the Querry is to delete the fields from the Querry ( SQ01).
Every time you try to remove the field from the data field group in SQ02 you will get the below message
Message no. AQ606
You attempted to delete a field used in queries from the functional area.
In case if you face the issue , then kindly follow the below steps.
- Go to the Transaction code => SQ01 Enter Your query Name and Hit the change Icon
- Click on “Next Screen” icon( or F6) on the “Change Query: Title Format” screen
- Select or check “Field groups” ( select the field group to which fields to be deleted are assigned) to edit and click again on “Next Screen” icon only.
- Kindly Uncheck the fields that you want to delete from the Query and save
- Go to SQ02 – change mode of Infoset – under section “Field Group/Data fields” expand the field group and delete the fields you want.
- Generate Infoset and Save
Hope this helped you , do leave a comment.