* kanban is one of the manufacturing methods that are used in the most of the manufacturing industries recently.
* In SAP Kanban is used in the different Procurement Process like Inhouse Production, External procurement, & Stock transfer ,
* Currently SAP Has capability of handling the same for the Sales and Distribution as customer kanban also.
* This topic helps the user to configure the kanban in the SAP system for the Production Planning with different procurement Types.
* Generic Master data requirement.
2.Bill of Material.
5. Production version.
6. Product Cost collector(PCC) – For Rem process.
1. OM11-In house production strategy.
2. Supply Area.
3. Rem Profile.
4. production Scheduling profile.
5. All other setting for the production order related process.
1. Strategy 0001- Working with kanbans and PCC
1.1. This strategy works based on the REM planned order.
1.2. So the care on the master data setup with rem profile, Prd versions, product cost collector are all to be verified before we start the setup.
1.3. After we have checked for the master data setup we need to set up the Kanban control cycle.
1.4. Kanban Control Cycle – T.Code – PKMC
1.5. In PKMC – give the Plant, supply area, and you can see a creation indicator to create the same.
1.6. In the control cycle we need to define the kanban container related setting, Like No .of.Kanaban’s, Quantity / kanban container, And also the procurement strategy.
1.7. Here we will be working with In house production strategy.
1.8. There are few other tabs like Flow control, Kanban calculation, print control
1.9. To keep the scenario simple we are not maintain any ting in the other 3 tabs.
2.0. Once you complete this setup you can go to the kanban Board with T.code Pk13n.
2.1. Kanban Board- PK13N.
2.2 This helps you to view the status of the kanban containers,
2.3. Kanban has different status like Empty,Full,in use, etc. We will work with only 2 status like
Empty and Full.
2.4. Status – Empty means- There is is no material inside the Container, Full means – The container is having Full Quantity of material as mentioned in the control cycle.
2.5. PK13N- Now enter the T.code and See the status of the container.
2.6. Generally Whenever we see the container for the first time we will be seeing it as Wait,
2.7. Now we need to change the status as Empty.
2.8. To do this you can see an icon for Full or you can right click the mouse by placing the cursor on the container.
2.9. As you change the status the colour of the container also changes.
3.0. Empty Kanban – Red Color, Full Kanban- Green Color.
3.1. Also when you change the status from Empty to Full – A Goods Receipt is posted and stocks are increased.
3.2. When the status is changed from Full to Empty –
3.3. Now Whenever there is change in the status ShopFloor The same will be done in the kanaban board also, Currently these has been automated with interfacing with RF Scanners also.
2. Strategy 0002- Working with Planned order and PCC
2.1. This Strategy exactly works like that of 0001 described above, The difference is it creates planned order that are visible in the md04 screen.
2.2 These Planned orders are the Replenishment Elements.
2.2. Apart all are Same like the 0001 strategy.
3. Strategy 0003- Working with Production order.
3.1. This strategy creates replenishment element of production order.
3.2. here the scheduling is to be forward scheduling so you need to create a production scheduling profile, which makes forward scheduling and Release the production order immediately as it gets created,else you will get error.
3.3.Apart all the process are similar.
The above is the beginning for someone new to kanban, Kindly leave your comments for any query.