1. Capacity Planning
• The capacity planning is a standard functionality in SAP to monitor the capacity like machine, labor etc in the System.
• The capacity planning is used in different modules but more importantly the Production and planning
utilize this functionality to ensure that a smooth demand is placed over the available capacity during
• In the production planning module, in case if a particular work center is identified as bottle neck work center then it is very important to maintain, manage and monitor the load of that work center. Based on the requirement the PP module can go for the finite or infinite capacity planning.
• The capacity planning can be done during the planned order creation or production order creation.
2. PP/ PM Integration Business Case for Capacity Planning
• In many cases the machines or work center which is being used by the production also needs to be maintained for their preventive maintenance. It is important for the shop floor production people during planning to be aware of the maintenance schedule.
• SAP Plant maintenance module helps to display this planned shutdown of machines in the PP capacity planning cycle.
• So this helps the planner to ensure that there is no production is being planned or discuss with the Plant maintenance team about the action being taken on the machines.
• This document helps to achieve this PP / PM integration
3. PM – Preventive Maintenance:
• The preventive maintenance planning is standard functionality in the SAP module, which helps to plan and execute the planned maintenance for the Work Center.
4. Advantages of this Integration
• The planner will be able to identify the planned maintenance that is coming up for the WC
• In case of if the production planning is not able to shut down the machine during the particular period, it can be discussed with the PM department to postpone or find alternate date for the planned maintenance.
• Avoid delays in the production planning.
5. PP Master Data
• No specific master data is required.
• General Master data to execute a discrete or REM scenario to be maintained.
• The WC needs to have capacity planning.
• The routing / rate routing has the required set up to generate the capacity.
6. PP Business Flow for Capacity Planning
• When the MPR is run the capacity is build for the planned order in the capacity planning table.
• Regular capacity planning to be done with CM25 to view the Maintenance order
7. PM Master data
• A equipment is created with the PP – Work center.
• A Task list is created for this equipment
• A maintenance plan to be created for the task list.
• The maintenance plan to be scheduled periodically.
8. PM Business Flow for Maintenance order.
• As the maintenance plan is scheduled periodically the call is getting generated for the maintenance order as per the schedule.
• Once the work order is generated the capacity requirements will be generated for this order in the capacity planning.
• The system condition is to be maintained as NOT in operation in the Work order.
• Evaluate the capacity planning in the CM25 Transaction
• In this capacity planning table only the Production Planning order are displayed.
• No PM Work order is displayed.
10. PP Capacity Planning Table with PM order integration.
• In this capacity planning table you can find the PM Work order displayed in the top.( Black color tab)
• When the planner tries to dispatch the Production order to this particular period, it will be moved to the next/ previous available capacity based on the strategy.
• In case if the production department needs to use this day for production then the maintenance work order has to be moved out of this time line, which can be done by rescheduling the maintenance Work order