In the Previous post , we saw about the SAP DMC introduction, In this post we will see the pre-requisities for migrating the data from the existing ECC System.
Do kindly review the previous post before you start on this Post.
There are many SAP projects which are now on the verse of migration. And SAP DMC till 1909 has offered only the below methods for migration
1)Transfer data using files
- Download template file for relevant migration object
- Populate file with relevant business data
- Upload file to the SAP S/4HANA migration cockpit
- Staging Tables are created automatically (in an SAP HANA DB schema)
- Populate Staging Tables with business data
- Transfer data from Staging Tables to target SAP S/4HANA system
SAP Has provided this Transfer data directly from SAP System (new with SAP S/4HANA 1909).
Transfer data from SAP ERP source system to target SAP S/4HANA system
- Access source system through RFC connection
- Supports data migration scenarios from other applications for example, from SAP Apparel and Footwear (SAP AFS) to SAP S/4 Fashionand Vertical Business, SAP Extended WarehouseManagement (SAP EWM) to Decentralized EWM
You want to migrate data from an SAP ECC 6.0 system or an to an SAP S/4HANA On-Premise system using Migration Cockpit,then one of the below Prerequisitie is to have DMIS installed in the ECC system.
The Below notes gives detailed information of the Complete Pre-Requisites.
2973957 – SAP S/4HANA Migration Cockpit: Composite Note for Transfer Data Directly from SAP System – SAP ERP or SAP AFS to SAP S/4HANA