Long Text display: In few cases the users may be interested to see the message of the long text in the Output of the IW29/IW39/IW47
We can use the below user exit to customize the code and display them in the output.
User Exit: EXIT_SAPLIREP1_001
- Energy and utilities.
- Connected supply chain.
- Plant floor automation.
- Business process efficiency/operations optimization and control
- Better supply chain management and Logistics
- Product and/or service improvement and Innovation
- Better customer service and support
Source:IDC ManufacturingInsights,DESIGNING FOR MANUFACTURING’S ‘INTERNET OF THINGS CTS,
The below are the list of tables and function modules that will help us to find the user status and the system status for any objects like Production order, Maintenance Order etc.
Function Module: STATUS_READ
When we work with the work center + Person assignment, we some time need to find the list of person assigned to the w/center.
The below report will be handy to get the result.
Kindly fill in the details exactly as given in the below screen shot.
Now after execution, you will be able to find the below report, which will be in a structural display.
You can find the W/C listed and the personnel number listed below.
Let me know if you have any query or if this was helpful for you.
When we plan to integrate or automate the process of the Notification creation in the PM we can use the below 3 BAPI’s to create them.
The below BAPI can be tested with test sequence.
Moving Query / Infoset from one client to another.
1. Generally a query can be created in the standard area or in global area, You can find then when you enter the SQ01 Query screen.
2. Now as a per-requisite to download the query you need to have them in the Standard area.
3. IN case if the query was in the global area you need to move to the global area.
For this select SQ01>Environment>Transports .
4. Now select the Copy Global to Standard
5. Now run in test mode and later in real mode to copy the query to standard area.
6. Now when your query is in the standard mode then again go to the environment and now you will find the download button. with this provide the required information to the Infoset / Query and download to the local server
7. After this go to the target client and then set the import area as standard area.
8. Import the same in this step.
9. Assign them to the user group.
Note: This will address your requirement and not intended to replicate all the steps. for any doubts and query leave a comment.
Many times when we are not able to cater a standard solution for the customer requirement, then we tend to look for User exit, Badis, etc.
If you like to analyze what user exits are available and what logic can be used then the below details will help you
1. Identifying the User exits
1.1. One of the easiest way to identify the user exits is to use the T.code SMOD
1.2 Go to T.Code SMOD
1.3. Now you need to click the help button or enter F4 key
1.4. Next select the SAP application(Module) relevant for you
1.5.Now you will be able to select the exit and one exit can have one or many components.
1.6. The required logic can be build inside the Function module.
2. To check the logic, for already implemented user exits, you can use the SE37 , fill the user function module name and look for the code.
WorkStation Application Setting:
To explain in simple term, this setting is necessary to allow your document type to attach documents of different extensions.
We will have business needs to attach document like .xls or .pdf or .jpg, in case if you have not maintained this setting then you will receive the below error.
File Extension XXX not allowed for the workstation application xxx.
Message no : 26504.
The below configuration will resolve this error:
Cross-Application Components>Document Management>General Data>Define Workstation Application
Do leave your comments if this was helpful or if you have additional questions on this topic