we have seen the Standard SOP in the previous blog,in continuous to that we will review the flexible planning.
Why Flexible Planning?
* SOP has limited features, it has fixed characteristics,Keyfigures and only 3 Planning type.
* In Flexible Planning we can create the characteristics as per our requirement, we can have Sales org,Dist channel, Division etc.
* Keyfigures can also be planned as per requirements.
* Standard SOP does only level By level Planning, But Flexible planning can be done as consistent or level by level also.
we will review the same as step by step.
1. We need to create the self defined infostructures.
1.1. Maintain Self-Defined Applications
* Here we define the applications like Sales,production etc.
1.2.Maintain as Dictionary Structure
* In case if we are not having the required characteristics or keyfigures same has to be created.
* All the required data elements can be created and also maintained in one single structure.
1.3 Self Defined field Catlogs.
* this helps to group the characteristics and keyfigures as required,
1.4 Maintain Self-Defined Information Structures ( MC21)
* Once all the above prerequisites aer done, we can create the Infostructure.
* Generally in the Flexible planning we need to create our own self defined infostrucuture.
* the required characteristics, keyfigures all to be assigned properly.
* The sequence of the Characteristics should be properly arranged.
* Also the planing possible to be selected.
1.5 Info structure planning parameters .(MC7F)
* Once the Infostrucuture is created, the next step is to maintain the planning parameters.
* mostly it will be created as consistent planning.
2.1. Create Planning type.(MC8C)
* Planning type is to be created as next step.
* each planning type will be created with reference to the Infostructure only.
* In the planning type Aggregate planing,detailed selection needs to be activated.
* Planning horizon / Standard calculations are to be maintained as per the requirement.
* Also required keyfigures needs to be selected and this will form the planning type.
* Once the planning type is created save it.
* here as discussed in the other blog we can create the required macro and also attach it accordingly.
3.1. Planning Hierarchy:(MC61)
* First thing to be created is the Planning hierarchy.
* Planning hierarchy is the characteristics values arranged in hierarchy fashions.
* Planning hierarchy is created for each info structure.
4. Planning :
4.1. Create Planning;(MC93)
* First we need to create planning for the required Planning type that we have crated.
* This data to be created at version level.
* In the planning type we can also have few customer functions.
* This customer functions can be activated and can be made to perform as per our requirement.
* once all the planning is done then we can save this.
5. Demand Transfer:(MC90)
* MC90- we can use this transaction to do the transfer of value from one key figure to the demand management.
6. Demand Transfer – mass processing
# All the required steps for the mass processing has been discussed in the previous blog.
I have explained the Flexible planning in high level, it will be helpful for beginners.
let me know if you have any clarifications and feedback