The Requirement type / Requirement class is the one of the Linkage between the SD and PP Module.
The below information is very important. I will keep modifying them in details in the upcoming days.
Strategy for Determining the Requirements Type
- 1. First, an attempt is made to find a requirements type using the strategy group in the material master.
- 2. If the strategy group has not been maintained, the system will determine it using the MRP group.
- 3. If the MRP group has not been defined, the system uses the material type instead of the MRP group when accessing the corresponding control tables.
- 4. If no requirements type is found here, the system assumes a special rule and attempts to find a requirements type with the aid of the item category and the MRP type.
- 5. If this is not possible, a last attempt is made to find a requirements type with the item category only.
- 6. If the last attempt fails, the system declares the transaction as not relevant for the availability check or transfer of requirements.